Sunday, August 11, 2019

VFX Lessons List

If you wanted to learn how to do many of the VFX Animations & Motion Graphics I Did in my Recent Films (2018-2019) I will list them HERE.


I also use some 3rd Party Plugins & Scripts, Especially Red Giant/Trapcode & Video Copilot, and Cinema 4D here & there.... After Effects CC already comes with A LOT OF STUFF including: Cinema 4D, Raytrace, Particles, and 3D Extrude, as well as a variety of options for masking,  track-mats, and camera tracking goodness! I also love the multi-plane camera styles which uses 3D cameras and Layers as well as 3D lights, cast shadows, blurs, and motion blurs as well as blending options, and layer styles! ^_^

It took me a LONG time to wrap my head around "Precompositions" (Precomps) and "Nesting" since I often like to use particles & mats. 

Other things to focus on, if you have the patience are Curves animating (which I HATE but often need to use)  as well as F9 Easing in & out for Keyframing. 

Most teachers of After Effects have a limited area they understand of the software, which comes with biases n personal preferences such as VFX, Video Editing, Motion Graphics, Vectors, 3D, Videographer, VS a Traditional Animator, or Text animator. NOBODY EVER sees eye-to-eye, they all often act like they're an expert BUT ARE NOT, and they ALREADY expect that you understand everything LIKE THEY DO.

Like, DO YOU KNOW what a Precomp is? It took me 3 years to wrap my head around that. 
Did you know there's different ways to use masks, masking, and mats? 
Most people only use 1 or 2 ways, and have no idea about the others. 

Also, the updates n the software can change drastically in just a year or 2. Don't give up, and u can always ask people at Adobe's website. 

Also, on 1 hand you need to be open minded, and open to different things. On the OTHER HAND, if you HATE the way someone is doing it or teaching it, IT'S TOTALLY OK TO DO WHAT YOU LIKE. Give yourself permission to be ORIGINAL. 

AND, many teachers are from foreign countries, so dont; get frustrated if you can;t understand their English. I often have to rewind to be sure I understand too, and I'm good with langauges. 


Here's a list of the Tutorials, Demo, and Lessons I referenced my VFX Animation & Motion Graphics From:

























**********************************

*****************************

**********************








No comments:

Post a Comment