Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Story Board Ideas Hopefully Comming

I want to Storyboard this short story and all the scenes in sequence, hopefully in a decent quality of the story I came up with when I was in Middle School in the 90s.

This Charcoal Illustration was exhibited in Congress ("Eyewitness") when I was 15 years old, and it's my most beloved piece from that time period. It's weeks worth of work EVERY DAY.

The story is STILL very clear inside my mind, altho' even tho' I made this on pale cyan blue paper, I think I would probably go with a warmer tone.

I also have a whole sequence in mind for the little fox with Lively. The fox is freaking out from shock & awe of giant  flying creatures coming out of the sky, and cowering beneath Lively's legs.


Even tho' I'm so critical, and so frustrated with 3D animation, this is something I would LOVE to do a hybrid using 3D modeling but with semi rhodoscoping over top in traditional animation.

It would NOT be long at all. It would be a very short story.

I've been mulling it over in my mind, and I'm divided on whether I would like this with electronic music, or more of a symphony, or a hybrid of both. If i went with an orchestra score I would want it to be similar in style to the film score by Klaus Doldinger and Giorgio Moroder (which DOES actually have small bits of electronic synthesizer fusion in it) for "The Neverending Story" but I could just as easily see/hear something just as nice done electronically like Erasure's "I SAY I SAY I SAY" album or their self titled album following that one. I am also fond of the hybrid sound in the 2 albums by "Akara". 


THIS:

I just LOVE the energy in that! The strings and the horns!

I also like a bit of the old Dune soundtrack by TOTO but, probably NOT that.


I do feel it would be better off if I went as much as possible with a higher grade of quality in my storyboarding as suggested by experts like this:



I know most people whom I PERSONALLY know actually have a deep love for THIS ONE:


I suppose I could stortyboard this one also, but I don't want it to be a total rip-off of the first one.


I'm hoping that once my semester is over by end of December, I can work on trying to come up with the roughs and thumbnails for the animated short. I do not know whether the short would, or could, actually EVER be produced, but it is my dream to do so hopefully before I die.


No comments:

Post a Comment